SPICE-ROASTED CARROT + PUMPKIN NOURISH BOWLS
Serves 4 | GLUTEN FREE | VEGETARIAN
- 1 cup wild rice, rinsed
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 Kent pumpkin
- 1 bunch Dutch carrots, washed and peeled
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1/2 orange, zest and juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup parsley
- 1/2 cup natural yoghurt
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Nasturtium flowers and leaves
- Preheat oven to 180oC. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Place rice and stock into a medium saucepan and cook over medium heat for 25 minutes, or until rice is tender and stock has been absorbed.
- Meanwhile, remove seeds from pumpkin and cut into 2cm slices, leaving skin intact. Remove tops from carrots. Arrange pumpkin and carrots on prepared baking tray.
- Using a mortar and pestle, grind together garlic, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, orange juice and zest and olive oil into a paste. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Spoon spice mix oven vegetables and roast in the oven for 25 minutes or until tender and caramelised.
- To make the parsley yoghurt dressing, blend together yoghurt, parsley and lemon juice using a stick blender. Season to taste.
- To serve, place wild rice in a bowl. Top with spice-roasted vegetabes, spoonfuls of yoghurt sauce and scatter with nasturtiums. Ingredients can be eaten warm or chilled.
Recipe and food styling by Georgia Barnes. Photography by Stacey Hatfield Photography