SALMON + SOBA MISO SOUP
- 1.5L chicken stock
- 2 cm ginger, finely grated
- 2 tsp dried bonito flakes
- 2-3 cm piece dried kombu
- 180g soba noodles
- 2 bunches Asian greens, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp white miso paste
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 nori sheet or other dried seaweed, finely sliced 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 400g fresh salmon, skin removed, finely sliced
- Combine stock, ginger, bonito flakes and kombu in a large saucepan. Place over high heat and bring to the boil. Reduce heat. Add soba noodles and cook for 2 minutes. Remove saucepan from heat. Add vegetables and mix well.
- Place miso in a separate large bowl. Place a strainer over the bowl. Carefully pour stock into strainer, collecting noodles and vegetables. Evenly divide noodles and vegetables into serving bowls.
- Whisk miso and stock together. Ladle into each bowl. Top with spring onions, nori, sesame seeds and slices of salmon. Serve hot.
Recipe, food styling and photography by Georgia Barnes.