pretty PINK PAVLOVAS
- 2 egg whites, room temperature
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 pomegranate, seeds removed
- 300g natural greek yoghurt
- 2 figs, sliced
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- Preheat oven to 160C. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- To make the meringue, place egg whites and sugar in a clean, dry bowl. Using an electric mixer, whisk on high until thick, glossy and sugar has dissolved.
- Add vanilla, vinegar and salt and whisk for 2 minutes.
- Place 4 large spoonfuls of the meringue mixture onto prepared tray. Bake in the oven for 45-50 minutes. Remove meringues from oven and allow to cool.
- To serve, gently crush half the pomegranate seeds using a mortar and pestle to extract the juice. Fold pomegranate juice through the yoghurt until light pink in colour. Top meringues with pink yoghurt, remaining pomegranate seeds, figs and blackberries.
Recipe, food styling and photography by Georgia Barnes