Mushrooms + Hazelnuts
This would have to be one of my favourite flavour combinations . This dish shows how simple food, can be the most rewarding. The delicious umami flavour of the mushrooms, with delicious roasted hazelnuts and nothing other than butter, olive oil, garlic and lemon juice. Does it get any better? This is perfect on its own, but you could serve it as an entrée with some toasted sourdough, folded through some fresh linguini or served alongside a piece of grilled steak. Soft, crunchy, salty and buttery – nothing but delicious!
- 200g mixed mushrooms – shitake, swisse brown, oyster, enoki
- 50g butter
- 50ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ lemon, juiced
- Salt flakes
- 125g hazelnuts, roasted and skins removed
- Baby tarragon, chervil or parsley
- Roughly chop mushrooms in a variety of sizes. Place a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add butter and olive oil to pan. Add garlic and sauté gently.
- Add mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes or until just tender. Add lemon juice and season with salt to taste.
- Arrange mushrooms on a serving plate. Top with hazelnuts and fresh herbs.
Serve and enjoy!