no-bake mango + coconut CHEESECAKE slice
Serves 12 | GLUTEN FREE
no-bake COCONUT BASE
- 1 cup natural almonds
- 1 cup dried pitted dates
- 1 cup desicated coconut
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt flakes
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp water
- 250g cream cheese
- 1 tbsp vanilla bean paste, or essence
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 cup thickened creamed, whipped
- 3 x gelatine leaves (approx. 5g)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh mango flesh
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 4 x gelatine leaves (approx. 6.5g)
- 1/2 cup thickened cream, whipped
- 1/2 cup strawberries, sliced
- 12 x edible viola flowers
- To make the base: Line a 20cm x 20cm cake tin with baking paper (leaving 2cm of extra paper on each side to allow easy removal). Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until well combined. Using clean, wet hands, press the mixture evenly and firmly into the tin. Place in the refrigerator to harden.
- To make the cheesecake filling: Place the cream cheese, vanilla and sugar in a bowl and mix together using electric beaters. Gently fold through the whipped cream until well combined. Place gelatine leaves in a small frypan and place over medium heat. Once leaves have melted, transfer to cheesecake mixture and mix well. Pour filling on top of coconut base and refrigerate to set.
- To make the mango jelly: Puree mango in a food processor. Add lemon juice. Place gelatine leaves in a small frypan and place over medium heat. Once leaves have melted, transfer to mango puree and mix well. Pour mango jelly mixture on top of cheesecake layer and place in the refrigerator to set for 4 hours or overnight.
- To serve: Once the slice has set, carefully remove from the tin. Run a sharp knife under hot water. Use this to cut the slice into 12 x even pieces (3 x 4). Top each slice with a dollop of cream, a slice of strawberry and viola flower. Serve chilled!
Slice will keep for 3-4 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Photography by Stacey Hatfield Photography