lemon, olive oil + almond tart
Olive Oil + Almond Shortcrust Pastry
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes
- 110g cold butter, cubed
- 6 tbs Pukara Estate Novello Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 free range egg yolks
Lemond Curd Filling
- 4 lemons, zest and juice
- 1 1/2 cups caster sugar
- 2 rounded tsp corn flour
- 4 free range eggs
- 4 free range egg yolks
- 100g butter
- 1/2 cup thickened cream, whipped
- 2 tbs flaked almonds, toasted
- 2 tbs icing sugar
- Candied lemon slices
- Edible viola flowers
- To make the tart shell - place flour, icing sugar, almond meal and salt into a food processor. Add butter and pulse into a fine crumb. Add olive oil and egg yolks and process to form a soft dough.
- Turn pastry out onto a lightly floured surface, gently shape dough into a disc. Using your fingertips, evenly press dough to cover the bottom and sides of a greased tart shell. Place tart shell in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to rest. Preheat oven to 180C.
- Remove tart shell from refrigerator and blind bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool.
- To make the lemon curd filling - place lemon juice, lemon zest, sugar, corn flour, eggs and egg yolks into a saucepan and whisk together. Place saucepan over medium heat and continue stirring until thickened. Remove saucepan from heat, add butter and mix until smooth.
- To assemble tart - evenly pour lemon curd into tart shell. Place tart into the refrigerator to chill for 1 -2 hours.
- To serve, top with whipped cream, toasted flaked almonds, icing sugar and candied lemon slices. Serve and enjoy!