RUBY GRAPEFRUIT, beetroot + BABY FENNEL
Simple and stunning. This recipe is all about colour and vibrancy. Bold flavours from quality ingredients are tied together beautifully with a zesty ruby grapefruit vinaigrette. I would serve this little beauty in the centre of the table alongside a rich protein such as salmon or lamb and some ancient grains. Delicious!
- 200g heirloom beetroot, washed and peeled
- 50ml grapeseed oil
- 1 ruby grapefruit, segmented
- 100g baby fennel, finely sliced, reserve fronds
- 80g radish varieties, finely sliced
- 1 ruby grapefruit, juiced
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt flakes
- Black pepper
- Preheat oven to 200oC.
- Place beetroot on an oven tray and drizzle with grapeseed oil. Season well. Place in oven and roast for 15-20 minutes, or until tender.
- Meanwhile, place grapefruit juice in a small saucepan over medium-high. Reduce by half and remove from heat. Whisk in vinegar and olive oil and season to taste. Set aside.
- Add grapefruit segements, fennel and radish to a large bowl. Add cooked beetroot. Dress generously with vinaigrette.
- Arrange on a platter. Garnish with reserved baby fennel fronds.
Serve and enjoy!