EASY LAMB KOFTAS WITH PEA PUREE + CUCUMBER
SERVES 4 | GLUTEN FREE
- 500g lamb mince
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 2 tbsp Moroccan spice mix
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 200g frozen peas
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 Continental cucumber, peeled into ribbons
- 200g feta cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- Salt and pepper
- To make the koftas: Place mince, onion, moroccan spice mix and cumin into a bowl. Mix together well until mixture is smooth. Divide and roll kofta mixture into oblong-shaped meatballs. Heat a grill pan or barbecue to medium heat. Cook koftas on all sides until golden brown and cooked through. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- To make the puree: Blanch frozen peas in boiling water until tender. Transfer peas to a food processor. Add 1/3 cup water, lemon juice, olive oil and garlic and blend until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To serve: Spoon puree onto a serving plate. Top with koftas and garnish with cucumber ribbons, feta and mint leaves.
Recipe, food styling and photography by Georgia Barnes.