COCONUT SUGAR RICE PUDDING WITH BLUEBERRIES
SERVES 4 | GF | DF | VEGAN
- 1 cup jasmine rice, rinsed
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1L coconut milk
- 4 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- Pinch salt
- 200g frozen blueberries
- 100g fresh blueberries
- Baby mint leaves [optional]
- Add jasmine rice, boiling water, half the coconut milk and coconut sugar to a medium saucepan. Use a paring knife to cut the vanilla bean in half, lengthways. Scrape the seeds from either side of the bean. Add both the seeds and the pod to the saucepan. Mix ingredients together well. Place over medium-high heat and bring to the boil.
- Simmer for 15 minutes stirring occasionally until rice is cooked through, adding additional coconut milk if needed.
- Meanwhile, place blueberries in a small saucepan with 1/4 cup water. Cook for 10 minutes or until blueberries have broken down and a syrup is formed in the bottom of the pan.
- To serve, remove vanilla pod from rice pudding. Place generous spoonfuls of rice pudding into serving bowls. Top with warm blueberry sauce, fresh blueberries and a little extra coconut milk. Garnish with baby mint leaves and a sprinkle of coconut sugar. Perfect for brunch, or as a not-so-naughty dessert. Enjoy!
Recipe, food styling and photography by Georgia Barnes.