BROCCOLI + WHITE BEAN RISSOLES
GF | VEGETARIAN FRIenDLY | SERVES 4
- 1 head broccoli, roughly chopped (stalk and all)
- 1 x 400g can of organic white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup Italian parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus extra for the top
- 2 free-range eggs
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp flakes almonds
- Preheat oven to 180oC fan forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Blend broccoli, white beans, parsley, garlic and almond meal in a food processor to form a crumb-like mixture. Add parmesan cheese and eggs and blend into a thick paste. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Using wet hands, shape mixture into 8 rissole-shaped patties.
- Place rissoles onto a lined baking tray. Sprinkle with parmesan, flaked almonds and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake rissoles in the oven for 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Make a simple salad with slices of apple, spinach, rocket and pomegranate seeds. Dress with lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil and wholegrain mustard. Serve rissoles warm with salad and a spoonful of natural yoghurt. Deeelish!
Recipe, food styling and photography by Georgia Barnes.