blueberry + banana gf muffins
makes 6 | GLUTEN FREE | low carb
- 1 large, ripe banana
- 2 free-range eggs
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup natural pot set yoghurt
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 125g cream cheese, softened
- 3 tsp blueberry powder
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 80g fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease a 6-hole muffin tray.
- Blend banana, eggs, syrup, olive oil and yoghurt in a small food processor until smooth.
- Pour banana mixture into a bowl. Add blueberries, almond meal, baking powder and salt. Mix well.
- Add spoonfuls of mixture to prepared muffin tray. Place muffins in the oven to bake for 20 minutes or until risen and golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- To make the cream cheese icing, place all ingredients in a bowl. Mix together until smooth. Place icing into a piping bag. Pipe a small amount onto each muffin. Top with blueberries.
Store muffins in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Recipe, food styling and photography by Georgia Barnes.