Black Forest DARK CHOCOLATE MOUSSE
- 600ml thickened cream
- 300g dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 cups jarred morello cherries
- 2 cups morello cherry preserving syrup
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries
- 1/2 cup whipped cream
- 50g dark chocolate, shaved
- To make the black forest syrup, place morello cherries and cherry syrup into a medium saucepan. Place over medium-high heat and bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally for 15-20 minutes or until syrup has reduced. Carefully stir through blackberries. Set aside to cool.
- To make the mousse, place a medium saucepan of water over high heat and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat. Place chocolate into a medium-sized heatproof bowl and carefully place on top of saucepan, ensuring the water is not touching the base of the bowl. Using a metal spoon, stir chocolate until almost melted. Remove from heat and continue to stir until smooth. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Pour cream into a mixing jug or bowl. Using a stick blender or electric beaters, whip cream until soft peaks form.
- Gently fold melted chocolate through cream until just combined. Transfer mixture to a piping bag. Carefully pipe mousse into six serving glasses. Top with whipped cream. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To serve, spoon a generous amount of black forest syrup into each glass and top with shaved chocolate. Enjoy!
Recipe, food styling and photography by Georgia Barnes.