Apple, Nashi + Chia Tart with Cinnamon Shortcrust Pastry
- 1 cup wholemeal plain flour
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 cup chilled butter, chopped
- 2 tbs ground cinnamon
- 2 tbs cold water
- 1/2 tsp sea salt flakes
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 3 tbs chia seeds
- 3 tbs brown sugar
- 1 tbs vanilla bean paste
- 1/4 cup full cream milk
- 2 free range egg yolks
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled and sliced
- 2 Nashi, peeled and sliced
- 3 tbs pure maple syrup
- Pinch sea salt flakes
- Preheat oven to 190oC.
- Grease and line a round 8" springform tart tin.
- To make the pastry, combine all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until just combined. Turn out onto a floured surface and gently push together until smooth. Push evenly into the prepared tin using your fingers covering the base and sides and base evenly. Place in the fridge.
- In a bowl combine almond meal, flour, chia seeds, sugar, vanilla, milk and egg yolks and mix well until smooth.
- Remove tin from fridge and pour almond mixture over base. Arrange slices of apple and nashi. Drizzle with maple syrup and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake in oven for 40 minutes or until golden brown and the centre has set. Allow tart to rest in tin for 10-15 minutes before removing.
- Serve warm, take a seat and enjoy it's goodness!